Thursday, July 7, 2016

A LITTLE SUMMER DECOR IN THE KITCHEN


For the last several weeks our days have been nothing but a whirlwind of car & home repairs and many, 
many problems trying to get our house back to normal.
We are mentally exhausted.
 
Needless to say it is not being a great summer for us, but that is ok, we are still trying to do some fun things around our city and I am happy to say that our home is now 80% repaired after the hail storm destroyed it back in April.
We are almost there! :)

And in the middle of all this chaos, I just want to decorate and make our home pretty and forget I have six workers outside ripping from our home the siding and gutters . 

 I have been trying to give our living areas a more of a summer feeling and, like always, I started in the kitchen.
Nothing big, just a small summer vignette for the kitchen island.






 I found this large white basket at Ross about a month ago and I knew it would be perfect for the island.


I decorated it using my old white pitcher filled with some pretty faux flowers and added to it a small galvanized summer sign.




 I wanted it to stand a little taller than the other items, so I just added an old book underneath.
"The Beach House". Appropriate, don't you think? :)



And to finish the vignette, I added my old glass jar from Kirklands filled with sand and some sea shells, 
a little wooden fish and my old candle.






Very simple, but it helps me dream of those summer days at the beach that we won't be enjoying this year. 
Best part is I used everything I already had and I only spent eight dollars on the basket. 
I have also made some pretty pillows for the breakfast area. 
I will share with you on my next post.



 I hope you are all enjoying your summer days and maybe a little bit of a cooler weather. 
Not a chance of that in Texas. :)

Until next time!




8 comments:

  1. That looks so lovely, Maria Elena. Seashells aren't just fore those who live at the beach...they just speak "Summer" to me and always enjoy seeing how others use them. Good luck on getting through all the repairs.

    Hugs,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry for all your troubles! Love the beachy arrangement, very pretty! The tag on the white pitcher is so cute, and the perfect touch! :) ~Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  3. First of all your kitchen is so smashing and kitchen summer decor idea is completely giving a new look to your kitchen. Your kitchen is dark and this light decor idea is giving a contrasting look to your kitchen. Your big basket is having all the awesome freaking goodies to decor any place. Loved this new idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maria Elena,
    Sounds as if you're nearing "the finish line" in home repairs, dear friend!
    Love your vignette on the Kitchen Island!
    The soft color palette speaks of "cooler" places for our minds and our souls to travel in this Summer heat!
    Love the nautical print (in the background) on the counter, too!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love "displays in trays" and your beach-themed basket-tray is wonderful! You've put such terrific items together at just the right heights to make it so pleasing to the eye. And the colours are fantastic - so soothing and summer-y! I can only imagine how hard it is to deal with all your house repairs but hang in there! Looking forward to seeing your new pillows...

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a perfect summer vignette! Love the deal you got on that pretty basket too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh boy, I am sorry about all of the repairs. I know it's not fun. I do love your shells though.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...