Tuesday, June 14, 2016

DIY OUTDOOR SOLAR CHANDELIER

Hi, there!
I hope you are all doing well.

It has been a long week for me already and it is only Tuesday. :) The house repairs continue and I haven't had a minute of peace. Hope it all ends soon and ends well.

In the middle of all this chaos and while I am sitting at home waiting on the window company, I thought 
I share with you a small post about how we put together our pergola chandelier.

Many of you commented on it and asked questions, so here it is, a quick tutorial for a super easy project.





This project has been done over and over again.
You can find a lot of links and information for different ways to do on Pinterest.

On a Saturday morning we went to our local Habitat Center to look for some flooring for our garage and instead of flooring, we found this pretty wrought iron chandelier.
It was brand new and still in its box and as soon as I saw it I thought of my pergola. I knew it would work quite well.
We paid $10.00 for it. Can't ask for more! :)


On the way home, we stopped at Walmart and bought six simple solar lights for $1.99 each.


Next morning, my husband took all the wiring off the lamp.



The little solar lights fit perfect, but to be sure they were not going to fly away when it gets too windy around here, we used out industrial glue gun to secured them to the chandelier.


And before we knew it, we had a new solar chandelier for our outdoor dining area.
I told you it was super easy! :)


Did you notice the chandi even has little loops to add some bling to it? Hmmm! :)


Total cost for this project was $22.00.
You can not get more budget friendly than that. :)



And it works great.
I know you can't really tell in the pictures, but it is so pretty at night.

 


I am now also trying to finish our lower deck area, so I will share with you all as soon as I am done.
Meanwhile, pray for me to survive this home repair madness.
Have a wonderful day!
See you soon.




5 comments:

  1. I still can't believe the great price on that chandy! Y'all did a wonderful job! Sending prayers and hugs for speedy, perfect home repairs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a great DIY project! So smart! And the price can't be beat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a crafty girl for sure...and what a bargain!! Looks great, Maria!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is just the neatest idea ever! I never would've thought to take a regular chandelier and add solar lights to it! I love it! It's a great way to make a light fixture in an area without wiring for an electrical chandelier too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a cute idea. I was wondering if the solar lamps could get enough uv rays to charge them with the cover on the pergola. Looks like it works!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...