Wednesday, May 4, 2016

STILL SPRING IN OUR KITCHEN


Time is going by so fast that before we know it we will be decorating our home for Summer.
I haven't done much holiday decorating this year. Just too much happening behind the scenes and not enough time 
for everything. 
I did manage to decorate a bit for Easter and when the bunnies were put away, I just made some small changes 
to our kitchen decor.



Come on in!



 The breakfast area is still decorated in the same greens and blues as the family room.




 I created a new vignette on the island. I still kept the blue glass bottle and flowers but I added a new frame with a Spring Subway Art and a set of flameless wax candles that were a gift from my husband. I added a bit of twine and a little bead to the candles to make them more "Springy".
The frame is from the Better Homes & Garden collection at Walmart.









 The candles are remote controlled and I just love having them on in the evening time.




 We will just enjoy this look a bit longer and then I will start decorating for Summer time.
I am now in the process of making tons of pillow covers for our outdoor spaces. With Summer almost here, 
it is time to refresh everything.
Thank you for your visit.
See you soon!





5 comments:

  1. Very lovely! I like the Better Homes and Gardens collection at Walmart too. So many cute things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed seeing your spring décor. The vignette on your kitchen island is lovely with the framed word art and the faux candles - those remote controlled ones are terrific! You added the perfect accent to them with the twine and beads. Looking forward to seeing your summer décor too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love that you decorate for the seasons, I know many of us bloggers do but sometimes I feel a little fussy. Not so much when I see your simple changes and pretty touches. I really love that sign...perfect! I'm just getting used to the changes of a lot of Easter/spring pieces packed away. And I'm trying to unclutter so I'm working on my storage room. More changes downstairs than upstairs!! lol.

    As always, you are inspiring, Maria!

    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! For the picture in the frame, did you buy that or make it? Kinda looks like scrapbook paper. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Angela. Yes, I made it myself. This is what I found the free printable. http://spilled-glitter.com/free-springtime-subway-art-printables/

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...