Monday, December 15, 2014

OUR CHRISTMAS KITCHEN


Hello, everyone!
I normally don't do a post on Monday mornings, since Tuesdays at Our Home link party will be live 
later on this afternoon, but with only ten days left before Christmas (can you believe it?) I figured I better 
get my pictures organized and up on the blog.

Today I am sharing with you our kitchen all decorated for the upcoming holidays.



Our kitchen gets a lot of use all year long, but this time of the year it is one of the rooms where
 everyone loves to gather. 
The decorations are simple, since a lot of cooking and eating will be going on in here and 
I need most of the counter space.
 I did start by setting up a simple vignette on the island.






I made a new burlap runner to match the new pillow covers in the breakfast area.


And a few small Christmas vignettes have been added around the room.








In the breakfast area I added the placemats I had from past Christmas and I used my old Kirklands centerpiece.
This was a Spring swag and all I did was replaced the flowers with some red poinsettias and finished it 
with some Christmas plaid ribbon.





I also made some new pillow covers.





Behind the table you will find the little Christmas tree I set up every year decorated with ornaments 
and memories of Christmas past.





On the window seat, just a couple of Christmas touches.






And on the window over the sink, I added the same little poinsettia wreath I made last year.







And that's it! Simple but cheerful and easy to work around when my cooking marathon starts next week. :)

I thank you all for stopping by!
Tuesdays at Our Home will be live this afternoon. 
Hope to see you there!

Until then!




Sharing at:



7 comments:

  1. Your kitchen is gorgeous and I love the arrangement on your island.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maria Elena, your Christmas kitchen is so pretty! I love all of your island decor; and the table arrangement is lovely, as well! I look forward to seeing your Christmas kitchen every year. It always feels so warm and festive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So wonderfully festive! Yes, all space is needed here for cooking - and more! The marathon begins! xo Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your kitchen and vignettes are all magazine-worthy Maria Elena!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything looks so pretty Maria Elena...love the vignette on your kitchen island!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maria Elena, you've done such a great job of decking the halls of your home! I love the wreath with the red mesh, and the centerpiece on your table. But my favourite thing is the winter wonderland tray; it's darling!

    Poppy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your Christmas kitchen! I know what you mean about needing the counter space during the holidays. I'm always so tempted to bring out more decorative items in my kitchen, but then I remember that I'm going to need a lot of counter space for all my baking. :) Love how you were able to use the spring swag by using some poinsettias! Smart girl! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...