Friday, December 5, 2014

DIY HOLIDAY CANDLES

Happy Friday!

Before the weekend starts, I wanted to share with you a small Christmas craft I did a couple of weeks ago, 
a small set of holiday candles I am using as part of our home decor this year.




 This past Summer while my husband was building the deck, I was like a little squirrel storing food for the winter,
 but instead of food, I was storing little pieces of scrap wood here and there. LOL
Well, my brain was going crazy thinking of all the signs and pretty things I could make with them.

This is what a did with three small pieces of 4x4's that he was throwing away.



They were very rough and ugly, but with a little sanding and some pretty paint, they became a nice addition 
to our holiday decor.



 Before painting them, he carved three large holes in the center and I used three little battery operated 
tea lights from Dollar Tree to finish them off.








 Very, very simple, but that is exactly what I wanted for our coffee table.

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!
See you soon!



9 comments:

  1. What a wonderful idea! Look pretty too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so pretty, Maria Elena! I love the lime green! All of your holiday décor goes so well together and compliments each other!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so cute, Maria Elena! You are so talented and crafty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Maria Elena, Love your coffee table vignette and display. I love the wood candle holders. My hubby created these for me one year to sell. I sold out and never kept any for myself. Seeing yours, makes me want a set for myself. Love the color and design you gave them coordinating so well with your ornaments. Just beautiful! Have a nice weekend.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so cute, Maria Elena! I love that you are using this festive color, I've always wanted to do a tabletop tree in just bright greens like this! Clever idea and I love the silver candles, I have to look for them!

    Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love a simple project that looks like a million bucks and this one fits the bill! So pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I really like this idea! Other colors would be cute for other holidays or seasons -- red, white & blue, soft pastels! Guess I'd better go sleuthing in The Man's shop!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Maria, I really love these candles you made out of left over wood from your deck! Wow that was really creative of you! Enjoy them and the holidays.
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are adorable. Great idea! xoxo My daughter loves leftovers from our projects. One can get very creative with leftovers.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...