Thursday, December 11, 2014

CHRISTMAS MANTLE 2014


Hello, dear friends!
I hope everyone's week is going well.

I have been busy trying to finish all my Christmas decorations. Almost there!
Since I am still adding the final touches to the other rooms and it is raining so I can't take pictures of our front porch, today I am sharing with you our mantle for this holiday season, which is finally finished.



I warn you, lots of pictures! :)
It is taking me so long this year, because I literally made everything to decorate our family room. 





 On the left side of the mantle you will find my old homemade trees which have been dressed up 
for this year new theme.



 In the center I used two glass vases from Homegoods filled with ornaments and the "Joy" letters I made.
After we decided on going "green", I had to give them a new look.




 On the right side, I just used my old lantern from Kirklands 
and created a little Christmas scene inside.






 On each end of the mantle you will find my old metal vases which got spruced up with some new burlap ribbon.
The branches came from one of our trees and I used Epson salt to give them a winter look.
On each branch I added one of this little owls.
They were sooo cute I just couldn't help myself. :)



I used my old lighted garland we had for years and just gave it a new look.
This is my first time using mesh ribbon, so I was a little worry about the outcome. :)





 For the hearth, I made some new pillow covers, filled up a basket with white and green poinsettias 
and made another sign, which I decorated with sparkly snowflakes from Dollar Tree.
My husband made me the little frame to finish it off.







 And that is our Christmas mantle for this year.





 Thank you all for stopping by!
I am off to visit your blogs, which is dangerous because I always find more beautiful Christmas inspiration. LOL
I will never be finished this year!

See you all soon!








Sharing at:


25 comments:

  1. You did just a marvelous, marvelous job on EVERYTHING. It is pretty. I just bought some of the mesh, too, and have never used it before. Yours looks great mixed in with your other garland. The owls are darling, too. An all around wonderful job and you should be proud of it. I hope you have a couple of parties to show it off! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have decorated your home in a very beautiful way María Elena kisses from Argentina

    http://siempreseraprimavera.blogspot.com.ar/2014/12/las-servilletas-como-elemento.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Maria! BRAVO! Every inch of your Christmas mantle is exquisite. Your cone trees, JOY sign, and filled lantern are so pretty. I love the balance of each side, and the way the little pops of red create a pretty frame. Your swag is gorgeous (and I wish you could give us a lesson on how you did that!) The pillows, flowers, and sign look just right on the hearth. And everything is lit up to perfection. The colors, textures, and scale, are all just right. Pure magic. You are an amazing and talented woman, my friend. You are so inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty, Maria Elena. I love the colors you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, Maria Elena! All handmade, unique and beautiful! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's lovely! Are those pine cone stars? I've never seen those before, They're so pretty! That mesh can be tricky to work with, but you did a wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous, I love the apple green and your cone trees are so pretty. The garland is stunning. You always put together such beautiful spaces. Thanks tons for linking to Inspire Me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your mantel looks beautiful! I love the green and cream. Thank you for partying at THT!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your mantel looks wonderful! I love the branches with the little ornaments & owls...so cute! I love the color scheme too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your mantle decor is so beautiful! I have been following your blog for about a year and love to see all that you are doing to your house. Both you and your husband are so talented! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow Maria Elena, love your gorgeous mantel. So vibrant and pretty with those colors and your cute little trees. Happy Holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What wonderful pillows! Our fireplace doesn't have a raised hearth, and I'm wishing it did now! You've been very busy! xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, you sure put a lot of work into creating your gorgeous mantel for this year and with some fun colors, too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow this is beautifully done! The mesh ribbon and burlap mixed with the garland turned out fabulous! Love the lanterns and the trees with the owls. Every detail is so well chosen and done!

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's Beautiful Maria! I love the mesh ribbon its so easy to use and you can do just about anything to it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. The mantle is just gorgeous! So very creative, I love the sweet owls and the sign. Perfect!
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  17. So beautiful! LOVE LOVE all the details. You really put it all together perfectly. It does take longer when you make everything yourself... but you can use it again next year.. maybe ;)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very pretty! I'm so impressed that you made everything. It looks wonderful:)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love this gorgeous post! You are featured this week at Ivy and Elephants, thanks so much for sharing with us! Please feel free to stop by and grab a featured button.
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks so much for sharing your festive mantel at my SHOW AND SHARE PARTY this week.

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  21. Maria, I just love this shade of greens! It looks so crisp and cheery with the slight touch of reds. I am going to be featuring your post on my blog at Tuesdays with a Twist link party this week, make sure you stop by for a peek. Have a great week. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is fabulous! I love it. Pinned and tweeted. Thanks for being a part of our party! I hope you stop by on Monday at 7 pm. We love to party with you. Merry Christmas! Lou Lou Girls

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hello cute lady! I'm here to let you know that I chose this as her favorite post and we will be featuring it at our party tonight at 7 pm. Woo Hoo! I hope to see you there. Lou Lou Girls

    ReplyDelete
  24. Maria, your mantle is so fun! Love the mostly green and white with just a pop of red. As always your pillows are gorgeous! Thanks for sharing with Creating Christmas.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...