Monday, July 7, 2014

HOW TO MAKE YOUR OWN THROW BLANKET



I hope everyone had a very happy 4th of July.
Our holiday was quite, but very nice. A little barbecue, a couple of movies and some much needed relaxing time.
Just what we needed.
The rest of the weekend has pretty much been work, work, work. :) After numerous trips to buy lumber and tons of concrete, the construction in our back yard is in full swing.

And today, more of the same. 
Due to this chaos and the fact I have all the members of this family home on vacation, 
I will be late posting Tuesdays at Our Home link party.
Instead of being live this afternoon, it will be up either late this evening or first thing tomorrow morning.
I apologize for this.

Meanwhile, here is a little tutorial on how I made the throw blanket for our new bedroom bench.



I had bought this fabric at Walmart a while back. It was $5.00 a yard, so I knew I could make something with it.
The width of this bolt was 47" and it was double fabric.
I bought one and a half yards.





I measured six inches and using my seam ripper, I started taking the little squares apart very carefully in a straight line.





I gathered 10 strings at a time and tied them together in a knot.




I continued doing this on both ends of the fabric.
Once I was done, I sew the sides in the sewing machine, but you can also use hem tape or fabric glue.
It was very easy to make, but time consuming.



Love how it looks on my new bench. :)
Thank you so much for your visit and I will be back with the link party.

Until then!




8 comments:

  1. Love that, Maria Elena! That fabric looks so soft. Hope you have lots of fun times with your family this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So adorable! Thanks for the toot! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea!! So creative, Maria!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How pretty! Love the throw on the bench. Glad that you had a great holiday; and I hope you are enjoying your family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How neat! And it's very pretty...Christine

    ReplyDelete
  6. How lovely! Looks nice on your bench!!~~Angela

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks lovely! I can see how it would be time consuming, but well worth it. Good job!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...