Thursday, January 30, 2014

TUESDAYS AT OUR HOME #45


Welcome to Tuesdays at Our Home!
I hope you had a great weekend!
During the last three days, we have had some crazy weather.
Last Friday, the winter storm that is affecting the East coast, paid us a visit.
It rained for hours and then, the temperatures dropped to around 20 degrees, so our city became a giant skating ring.



That was a real disaster for us and, as it was expected, schools were cancelled, highways were closed 
and even the airport had to be shut down.
What can I say, we are not used to or prepared for this kind of weather.
Saturday, it started to warm up and Sunday, we went back up to the mid 70's. Crazy!!!
It was a beautiful "Spring like" day. We even barbecued for dinner! :)


I hope everyone in the East coast is surviving the cold weather and snow storm. Stay safe!
Last week we had a great party! Such beautiful posts!
The most viewed link was Jessica's from Fantabulosity.
She gave us a tour of her gorgeous kitchen. What a beautiful space!
Love, love her built in ice maker!



Phyllis from Grandparents plus gave us a tutorial on how to make an easy Valentine Rag Heart.
This is a very creative and beautiful project!
I had to pin it for feature reference.




More beautiful Valentine's decor and inspiration came from Gina at Ramdom Thoughts.
What a gorgeous vignette she created!




Poppy from With a Dash of Color made a gorgeous burlap and lace pillow and how she used it to create a winter white tea vignette.
It is sooo pretty!




Ramon from Rowhouse Events and Interiors shared with us the most gorgeous and romantic Valentine's tablescape for two.
Every detail is just perfect! 



Angela from Hickory Trail put together a beautiful Valentine's mantle.
She says is simple, I think it is gorgeous!



And I couldn't end the features without sharing this great recipe from Kristen at Mommy in Sports.
It sounds sooo delicious! 





Thank you, again, to all who took the time to participate!

I always appreciate your visits!
 

If you were featured, please feel free to grab a "featured button" from my sidebar. 

Now, lets start this party!

Welcome to Tuesdays at Our Home #45!




You can link up any posts that are home decor, gardening, crafting, painting, sewing, cooking,or DIY related.





 RULES ARE MANDATORY, BUT VERY SIMPLE:
 
-Please put a link or my party button on your post

 -No link to Etsy shops, parties or advertising, please

 
  -Please, be a follower of my blog
 
  - Please visit a few other links




That's it! 



     Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by for a visit!
 
Have fun!




17 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos of the icy, crystallized branches on the trees, Maria Elena! Thanks for hosting and have a lovely week!

    Poppy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maria, I am tired of the snow, ice and subzero temps! I am so looking forward to spring! Thanks for the party! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much Maria Elena.

    I lived in Louisiana during the early 1960s. I learned firsthand about snow in the south when we had a dusting and school was canceled. Of course, we have snow and ice every Winter, here in north Missouri, so we should be accustomed to it. No not really used to it, we seem to forget between seasons.:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh what a lovely surprise, Maria Elena! I am delighted to be included among these beautiful links! Thanks for hosting tonight! I love joining your party...has the most inspiring links from so many talented bloggers:) Your front porch is absolutely gorgeous...what a wonderful place to spend your evenings! Happy week! Hugs, Poppy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great features, thanks for hosting the party, have a great week. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wasn't that weather last Friday crazy? They've already cancelled school here for tomorrow because they are forecasting a light dusting of snow and more ice. The weather changes every 5 minutes around here. :) Thank you for hosting and have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Suzanne of Simply Suzannes at Home

    Thanks so much for hosting, Maria Elena!
    Have a beautiful week,
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Maria Elena! I am new to your blog and a new follower. I have been away for a bit and now hoping to blog a bit more often. I visited Madrid several years back. Great experience. I took your home tour and I must say you have a very beautiful home! I love all the details. Your craft room is so organized!! Mine often looks like a tornado has gone through it because I am always working on one thing or another! I have joined your party and hope to continue in the future. I will put your link button on my blog. Thank you for hosting it! You didn't mention what part of the country you located at but I imagine from the photos it's back east somewhere. Take care....

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am honored that you featured my post on the Valentine Rag Heart! Thank you! Also, appreciate so much your hosting this party!
    Phyllis@grandparentplus.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hola, Maria Elena. I feel for you with the cold you experienced, and happy for you that sun and warm is back in your forecast. Tonight we're at -7F and continuing to drop, with wind-chill factors in the -20s....BRRRRR! We're all praying that our power doesn't go out! Thanks for hosting! ~Zuni

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't believe all the crazy weather! We were sixty degrees Sunday around noon and by dusk it was snowing! I still love your back porch! Thanks for the party!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Maria, I always enjoy your blog party! Love the group that gathers here, too.

    Thanks,
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for hosting another great party! Hope your temperatures warm up soon!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks so much for hosting, Maria Elena!

    I know, very crazy weather! We were bundled in layers two weeks ago, and now I'm wearing capris and t-shirts!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good Morning Maria! Another cold one this morning but at least no ice! Thank you for a wonderful party and have a wonderful day!~~Angela

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks like we have the same weather, Ma. Elena. It is snowing here now and it usually never snows here. It was 70 degrees 2 weeks ago also and 50 degrees just the other day. Crazy weather! Great features and thanks for hosting....Christine

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...