Tuesday, February 7, 2012

MASTER BATHROOM


With all the projects always going on in this house, our bathroom
is one of the rooms we haven't done any improvements to yet.
The only thing we have added was the crown molding and painted 
the walls in Latte by Sherwin Williams. 

We are hoping this year we will be able to replace the marble counters for
granite, remove the very large builder's mirror and replace with something
a little nicer, put in new sinks and faucets and add new light fixtures.

This is what the bathroom looks like
 
 



See what I mean about the large mirror?
We even thought of framing it.


 
 
Until all the changes start happening, I have tried to decorate it a little bit
to make it a little more appealing to us.
 
I added some candles
 
 








Flowers


 A picture of my babies on a beach in the South of Spain many years ago








 Baskets and towels.
I love towels!






Put a little radio/CD player in the corner.
I got to have some music in the morning to get me going! LOL






On the other side of the bathroom, we have the bathtub area and 
a separate walking shower.
In the morning, we get so much sunlight coming through that window!
 

I purchased the magnolia picture at Kirklands many years ago and it is
one of my favorites in the whole house.







I see the sunrise through this window everyday.
Isn't it pretty?
 
 

I hate walking by and looking at all the bottles of soap, shampoo, etc...
so I added a pretty shower curtain.
 
I know! Most people think they are dated, but not me!
I love the way it finished the area and I even found some
cute rings that matched my rugs.
 
The white cabinets was a birthday gift from my husband a few years back.













And added this picture that my parents in law sent us from Spain a long time ago.








I hope you guys are having a wonderful week!




15 comments:

  1. Your bathroom is so pretty...and huge! My entire bathroom would fit into the space you have for just your tub area. I love how you've incorporated so many treasures from Spain into it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your bathroom! Your decorations are so pretty! I love your colors. We're still stuck with the builder's mirror and light fixtures, as well! Must be a Texas thing. We have the same plans for ours this year. Great minds!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maria, your master bath is fabulous and appears spacious! I love the wall of mirrors...so bright and cheery! Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your bathroom...it's huge and gorgeous, the towels are darling and I love the artwork! Why do builders always put those standard big mirrors and light fixtures!?!? So excited to see what you end up with!!! I know it'll be GREAT!!! Excited to be your newest follower Maria!!!

    XO, Aimee

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maria, I am so glad to have found your blog through a comment you left on Becca's blog. I've missed you and your talented decor. So glad I found you and by the way, I'm your newest follower.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi lovely lady.
    Wow your bathroom is Gorgeous so Big..Thanks so much for your sweet comments on my Tablescape.I would like to thank you so much for your sweet comments on my Tablescape.
    I hope you have a wonderful weekend coming up with your family.
    XXOO Diane

    ReplyDelete
  7. Magnifico bagno.... La casa è veramente grandisa !
    Buona giornata in questa casa da sogno :))
    Myriam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hola Maria Elena: Sinceramente!!!! yo el baño lo encuentro precioso con los detalles que has incorporado en la decoración, le has dado un toque muy acogedor. Un abrazo. Manoli

      Delete
  8. Sigh! Your bathroom is absolutely gorgeous...and definitely looks like a place for relaxing and unwinding! Love all the ideas! Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a sweet comment!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi! Your master bath looks so relaxing. What an escape! My bath has the same colors, but the walls are light blue with cream and brown/bronze accents. I still have the 'ugly' brass surround on my shower, but I had the idea to add a shower curtain to the inside. Do you mind telling me where you got yours? It would be a perfect fit (so, you're not the only one who likes the idea). Great ideas and beautiful decor here, as always. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Maria Elena,
    Thanks for visiting and leaving me such kind words on our house and decor.
    Your Master is shaping up. Birds are very popular this year. The bathroom is so roomy and warm.
    When you add the granite and new sinks and faucets, you will be so thrilled. I would suggest framing the large mirror with tile. I have seen it done in many high end homes and it looks fabulous! I don't care for shower curtains, but each their own. I would suggest adding a very long curtain panel and attach it to the ceiling and swag it to one side, possibly with a valance to match. You can then hang a shower curtain inside and push it aside, so you just see the curtain panel.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for stopping bye..your very sweet...i addore your home..i do alot of browns as well...your home looks so warm and inviting and i Love ...the pillows..~sabri~

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW ... what a bath and so well decorated. LOVE it.
    Audrey Z

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...