Thursday, February 23, 2012

Homemade valance for my craft room


I have been trying to figure out for a while now what to do
with the window in my soon to be craft room.

I wanted to decorate with something girly, but at the same time,
I want plenty of light coming through the window.

I went to Hancock Fabrics a few days ago and let me tell you, they have so many new 
Spring and Summer prints, that I was like a kid in a candy store. LOL
And, most of them, are 30% off right now.

A hundred projects were going through my head at once.
It was so hard to decide!

Finally, yesterday, I had the time to make my new valance and 
this is what I came up with.










All I bought was the material, some red tassels and a pretty red ribbon.
Total cost for this project $11.00



















Well, that's it! 
What do you guys think?
I have been trying to work on this room little by little, when a have some free time.
I am working on decorating the top shelves now.
Will share those with you soon.

Thank you for stopping by!





Linked to:












12 comments:

  1. I think it is darling, and better yet the cost! So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty fabric, there is a lot more detail in it when you see it close up. I guess you can see that more easily with the eye, than the camera shows. The tassels look luxurious! It all looks very pretty, and just right.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's adorable! I love the fabric you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is such a sweet valance. I just found your blog and I am a new follower.
    Laura
    http://www.imsovintage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute valance. And you can't beat the price!!
    I'm your newest follower and invite you to stop by.
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love talented you are, The valence look's great and the price you can't beat. I can't wait to see it all finished.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nicely done Maria. Love the fabric and you can't beat the price. Your home is just beautiful!
    Marianne :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are adorable, Maria Elena. Love the ribbon with the little tassels. Great idea!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog post!
    CAS

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hola Maria Elena: El fin de semana en Barcelona ha sido primaveral.....
    Me gusta la nueva imagen de tu blog.
    El estilo Veneciano de tus cortinas, me encantan!!!!!

    Besss. Manoli

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful. Great ideas. Thanks for sharing, liz

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty, Maria Elena! I love the red and white ~ it will be nice and cheery even on cloudy days.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...